We are looking for Director of Operations who will be monitoring high-volume operations that include supply planning, sourcing, filling, pick & pack, logistics and delivery of perishable products seamlessly to the customer. The right candidate will work with multiple parties across the organization to initiate, organize, and participate in continuous supply chain improvement activities, including managing and helping to build out our operational infrastructure.
This position requires a high level of leadership and strong communication skills.
- Monitor day-to-day operations at our distribution centers to ensure cost and time efficient distribution
- Manage demand planning and develop detailed facility operations plans and schedules based on customer orders
- Manage the supply of ingredients, ensuring specifications and quality standards are met by suppliers, forecasting and managing inventory
- Assist with contract negotiations
- Ensure adequate staffing, equipment and space utilization to fulfill production goals
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders
- Work closely with Quality Control to ensure that all protocols are followed to ensure the highest possible quality for our customers
- Work closely with Warehouse Management System to understand, maintain knowledge of and manage the operation.
- Develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery. Gather and report on key operational metrics
- Establish annual departmental operating budgets and track/control spending within budget.
- Maintain environmental, safety and other regulatory compliance
- Work with personnel to continuously improve policy, procedures, practices and training
- Ensure we have the best logistical partner for all parts of our logistics operations
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain management experience
- Proficient understanding of various business software suites in addition to background utilizing various warehouse management systems
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the production facility including hands on work when needed
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment
- Ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume fulfilment environment preferred.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in Quality Control processes and controls
- Love for food, health and wellness